Pages

Friday, October 8, 2010

Punctuality is a Pain

My attendance status in my office for the last month shows that out of twenty-five days, the number of on-time days was four. It has shown a tremendous growth from the previous month's status.

A few others, who belong to the same Homo sapiens species, make it a point to hit the biometric box on time. I read the disorder of being punctual is not a genetic disease.

What is there to bother much if I meet all my targets even if I am late? Or extend and compensate the minutes/hours that I missed in the beginning of the day?

But I must confess. I had always been trying to practice this virtue (not disease) punctuality since my schooldays. I do believe persistence makes you achieve the unattainable, however, after spending so many years on being on-time, I am giving up!

After the root-cause analysis, I found out that if a person is punctual to office:

* he/she may have no sense of responsibility at home or
* he/she may be bored of being at home or
* he/she may be lazy naturally and make their servants do all household work or
* he/she may have unhappy marriage or
* he/she may have no sense of parenting or
* he/she may be bad at grooming, incl. bathing, dressing-up, and making-up oneself or
* he/she may be an escapist or a quaker who escapes from city's traffic (face issues, don't escape) or
* he/she may be a workaholic (oh, an addict!!!) or
* he/she may suffer from insomnia.

If you are one among them, it's high time to take action and mend your ways immediately. It's not too late!

No comments:

Post a Comment